The 8th Annual Meeting of the GIHSN will be hosted online on the 19th and 20th October 2020.
The event will be split in two sessions:
One Plenary Session on Monday October 19th (from noon to 2 pm CET ):
- An overall update on the Global Influenza Hospital Surveillance Network will be presented, together with the GIHSN global results for the 2019/2020 season;
- Participating sites for the 2020/2021 season will be presented and the updated protocol will be discussed;
- This session will also include an external presentation on “GISRS and the Covid-19 impact” by Dr Wenqing Zhang, Head of Global Influenza Program, WHO.
Two Region Specific Sessions on Tuesday October 20th (from 9 to 12 am CET for Eastern countries and from 2 to 5pm for Western countries):
- GIHSN investigating sites will present their results for the 2019/2020 season and share their feedback on experience with COVID-19 pandemic;
- Implementation challenges and experience with the Covid-19 pandemic will be discussed.
The GIHSN Annual Meeting is a unique opportunity to engage with the GIHSN community. With site investigators from over 20 countries Northern & Southern Hemisphere, influenza experts and external stakeholders. It is envisaged that representatives from WHO, the US CDC, the Alliance for Influenza Preparedness, GISAID will be present.